Leave it to Chef Michael Symon to take grilled salmon to a new level with the addition of a Knob Creek Smoked Maple Bourbon glaze.
GRILLED SIDE OF SALMON WITH SMOKED MAPLE BOURBON GLAZE
Recipe by Celebrity Chef Michael Symon
Recipe Serves 4 - 6
1 Side of Salmon
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze (recipe follows)
1. Pre-heat your grill to medium/high heat. Make sure the grates are cleaned and well oiled.
2. While the grill is heating, drizzle a baking sheet with olive oil and lay your salmon, skin side down.
3. Gently make long, shallow cuts into the flesh of the salmon, no more than 1 cm deep.
4. Season with a good amount of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper and brush on a generous amount
of Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze.
5. When the grill is hot, gently lay the salmon on top of a sheet of tin foil.
6. Put the lid down and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the skin is crisp.
7. Brush on more of the Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze before removing from grill.
Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon Glaze
¼ Cup Brown Sugar
¼ Cup Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon
2 Tablespoons Honey
1/3 Cup of Dijon Mustard
1. Combine the brown sugar and Knob Creek® Smoked Maple Bourbon in a saucepot.
2. Cook over low heat until the brown sugar melts.
3. Whisk in the honey and the mustard with a pinch of salt and remove from heat.
4. Divide the sauce into two separate bowls and set aside.
Recipe courtesy of Knob Creek and Chef Michael Symon