Sure you could serve Buffalo wings during next Sunday's big game but honestly they can be a little too "been there, done that" for our taste.
Instead, why not offer up your guests this fierce grilled chicken breast recipe from Julie of the Healthy Home Cook.com? Not only is it a healthier alternative as it features grilled white meat versus deep fried dark meat chicken, but it's also less messy as there are no bones to contend with -- just perfectly moist, slightly spicy, chicken bites!
FIRE CRACKER LIME CHICKEN
Recipe courtesy of TheHealthyHomeCook.com
· 1-2 large chicken breasts
· 2 limes
· 2 Tbsp dijon mustard
· 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
· 1 tsp paprika
· 2 Tbsp jalapeno ketchup
· 2 Tbsp olive oil
1. To create marinade, combine the juice of 2 limes, 2 Tbsp dijon mustard, 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp paprika, 2 Tbsp jalapeno ketchup, 2 Tbsp olive oil, and a dash of salt/pepper.
2. Slice chicken breast into strips, pour marinade over chicken and place in refrigerator for at least 1 hr. (the longer it marinates, the better!).
3. Place marinated chicken on grill, and cook for about 5-10 minutes, depending how thick your chicken breast is.
4. Once chicken is finished grilling, remove and let cool.*
* Editor's Note: Chicken can be cubed once it has cooled then served on toothpicks for the perfect bite sized appetizer.