Looking for a healthier alternative to traditional beef burgers? In her cookbook Kitchen 101, Holly Clegg of The Healthy Cooking Blog offers up a variety of calorie cutting burger ideas including her Snappy Salmon Burger!
SNAPPY SALMON BURGER
Fresh salmon makes all the difference with these sensationally delicious
burgers full of snap and pop!
Makes 8 salmon burgers
2 pounds fresh salmon fillets, skinned
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed leaves
Salt and pepper to taste
1 egg white
2 cups crisp rice cereal
1. With knife or food processor, chop salmon into small pieces.
2. In large bowl, mix together salmon, green onions, garlic, lemon juice,
dill and season to taste.
3. In another bowl, whisk together egg and egg white and add to salmon
4. Using your hands, gently mix salmon mixture with cereal (mixture will be
loose). Form mixture into burgers.
5. Place on grill, cooking until done.
Nutritional info per serving:
Calories 188, Calories from Fat 29%, Fat 6g, Saturated Fat 1g, Cholesterol
76mg, Sodium 142mg, Carbohydrates 7g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Total Sugars 1g,
Protein 25g, Dietary Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Terrific Tip: Salmon patties may be made ahead of time and refrigerated
until ready to cook. If grilling, place salmon patties in freezer about
20-30 minutes and they will hold together better.
Serve with your favorite condiments.