There are few things better than a perfectly grilled salmon, that is until you hit it with the whiskey ginger marinade in this outstanding recipe courtesy of The National Salmon Council and our friend Kristen from Dine & Dish!
WHISKEY GINGER GRILLED SALMON
4 (6oz) salmon fillets, skin removed
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1/3 cup quality whiskey
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 dash Kosher salt, if desired
1. Combine everything but salmon and salt in a large tupperware container. Whisk until smooth and sugar is dissolved. Add salmon and seal tight. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat grill for medium heat.
3. Add salmon fillets to grill and discard marinade.
4. Cook salmon for 6 minutes on each side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
5. If desired, plate salmon and add a sprinkle of Kosher salt to each fillet.