Give your next cookout an Italian flair with this delicious grilled eggplant parm skewers recipe courtesy of Andrea Soranidis, the mind behind the amazing Petite Cook blog!
GRILLED EGGPLANT PARMESAN SKEWERS
1 large eggplant, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
2 fresh tomatoes, peeled and seeded
4 basil leaves, chopped
1 mozzarella ball, finely cubed
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
Exta virgin olive oil
Salt & Pepper
- Brush the eggplant slices on both sides with olive oil, and season to taste.
- Heat a large grilling pan over medium heat.
- Grill the eggplant 2 mins per side, until crisp and cooked through.
- Remove the eggplant slices from the pan and allow to cool a little
- In the meantime, cube the tomatoes and fold into a small bowl. Add basil, drizzle with little oil and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Arrange 1 tbsp mozzarella and 1 tsp of chopped tomatoes on top of an eggplant slice and sprinkle with a pinch of Parmesan. Gently roll and pierce with a wooden skewer. Continue until you have 4- 5 rolls per skewers.
- Serve with the remaining tomato tartare on top of the skewers and decorate with extra basil leaves. Enjoy!
- Return the pan to the heat and grill the skewers for 1-2 min, until the cheese